.

Monday, October 31, 2016

The Labeling Theory

When physical composition my assignment I favor to further my understanding on labeling opening. The first obligate I choose based itself on how through attaching labels to individuals it changes societies perception of how physically pleasant they are. The author Kowner did a variety of studies to key out if this supposition was true. Kowner disgorge in that non lone(prenominal) did labels of departure effect how attractive an individual was but an individuals sexual activity and mental state were excessively considered. This left me interrogative mooding wether or non society did recoup degene targets slight attractive which is a question I had not recognized myself asking antecedently when studying labeling theory. I found myself looking deeper into the lives of perverts whilst reading this word and saw things from a antithetic perspective that hadnt already been shown to me. I ascertained that when creation taught about labeling theory I am simply still a sked to understand it. Never am I needed to put myself in the position of the deviant and this was something that whilst reading through the article I had most unimpeachably found. In particular, I discovered that in Japan where the audition was based that the definition of deviance varied to what it is here in the UK.\nDue to this, many would question wether the bases of the study are relevant or even undeviating when trying to understand how labeling theory effects those here in the UK. But, As always deep down sociology I find myself required to look beyond what is asked of us and to see further meanings of the take in question to great my understanding. I thought it was highly interesting that when trying to see if their hypothesis of deviants being little attractive the researchers asked students to look at a set of photos and to rate them according to their attractiveness. When doing so the researchers are seeing if the students stereotypical depend of someone who is deemed to be deviant means that they are less attractive than someone who does not fulf...

No comments:

Post a Comment